Monday 4 May 2009

The places you have come to fear the most.


Fire Fire!
Hot hot hot.

Lolz.
Okaiz.
Wellz.

The flats at Goldsmith Court have had at least some teen numbers of false fire alarms. It's become a real annoyance, and they always say they fixed the problem but it always happens again and again. Even at 1 or 3 am. We go out, the fire engines (two or three) usually come and make us wait for like 20 minutes outside. But this time it was an actual fire, I went out after 5 minutes of the alarm sounding and when I got out near the stairs there was actual smoke. It wasn't heavy smoke, but from the second floor down everybody was having to use the terrace to get out from. Three fire engines came, they took out hoses and some chart thing (I think it's to show where exactly the fire has hit.) Freya and I stood there and wondered, it was pretty chilly as it was early evening and we just wanted to know what had happened to get back in and get on with stuff.

We got to chatting, she's apparently staying near Goose Fair in a house with some friends next year. P came back yesterday, as she wrote on Facebook. I'm actually at a loss, I can't even help myself so how can I offer anything to her? Anyways, Freya has got all her notes spread out on the kitchen table and has finally started revising. She says she's not having much luck but I think she'll be okay judging by her performance last week. It was nice talking, but since only just about recovering from a cold last week, I didn't feel so good after standing in the cold for about 40-50 minutes. The firemen just waited and waited, probably for the smoke to clear, and then they just took off without communicating anything to us. Now we don't know what happened, whereabouts the fire was exactly and if we're supposed to use the elevator and that exit. Maybe they'll post letters out. But this weekend when I'm leaving for home, I hope I can use the elevator.

The day was just a waste. My mum called at 11, and then again at 12. I think I slept until like 3 though. I tried to keep my mind off the pain, off everything about last night. It feels like it's just getting worse and worse and I know it will all come out tonight or something. I even got him worried, "literally been in tears worrying about what got you so upset." When I try and push him away, all I want is for him to be close. He's right, June isn't far off now... which is another real big worry for me. My problem is that I worry too much, I care not enough to do anything about it. I don't know what's wrong with me, what to do. Meh. Even Freya was saying how one of her friends who she's renting the house with may drop out, I was saying how she can always get someone else but she was like "everyone who's coming back to uni next year will have sorted accomodation out by now." Yeah, oops.

So I should really clean my place up a bit more, there are not that many weeks left now. Try some laundry and all that. I also need to get back on my stepper and try and lose some more weight and tone up. That's going to be easier if I get out of this funk. I missed 'Enders so I'll try and watch that in a bit, and then some VM. He said that I should let him help me tonight, so if I don't fall asleep I'll be surrendered to that.

0 comments: